05 July 2020

Coffee Talk: Miss Me

You text me and say that you miss me. You text me and say that you enjoy spending time with me. But sometimes I wonder how that can be true. Every time we hang out you spend the majority of the time asleep. When you aren’t sleeping, you’re trying to sleep with me. So which part of missing me and spending time with me do you really miss? The sex? Because there’s not much conversation going on in-person – not much can go on when you’re passed out. And let’s be real, you get plenty of sleep at home. So really, what do you miss?

I hate feeling this way – like I’m being used for my body. I don’t regret our time together – heck I enjoy it – but I want more. I want to be able to watch an entire movie without you falling asleep. I want to cuddle and just have a conversation without you trying to sleep with me. I know things are tough right now because of COVID-19 and I know we can’t see one another often because of this, but we can control what we do with our limited time together.

 

I get to see you every other week if I’m lucky and for only a few hours. The least you could do is try to make each minute, each second count. You say you want the same things as me, but when you hit it and leave that action speaks otherwise. We may not be able to go out on dates like pre-Covid times, but we can find other ways to make date days different. We can go for a walk around my neighborhood. We could have a picnic in my janky backyard. We can have a movie marathon of our favorite movies – which would be interesting given our different tastes. We could play games together or maybe do some art together. You like fitness – I’m not a huge fan – but we could always do short workout sessions and you could give me tips. We could cook a meal together or bake a treat.

 

Just because we’re limited to mainly indoor activities, it doesn’t mean those options are limited to the bedroom and my bed.

 

If you say you want the same things, that you aren’t like other guys, then prove it. Stop making me feel like a fwb and more like a serious option. Like someone you actually want to try to pursue a potential future with.

No comments:

Post a Comment