26 July 2020

Coffee Talk: Simple Pleasures

A few simple pleasures this past week:

  • A warm cup of loose-leaf tea in the morning and before bed.
    • Shout out to L and P for the birthday gifts that go hand-in-hand. I’m still making my way through the variety of selections, but I think the green teas are my favorite so far.
  • Re-watching Grey’s Anatomy to unwind after work.
    • How come Meredith never gave that Thorpe guy a second chance when she was ready to start dating? Just wondering. 
  • Indulging in some retail therapy – got some new scrunchies, a new dress, and some makeup.
    • After the purchase of the dress I realize that this is why my FBI agent keeps putting expensive brands ads on my Instagram feed. I’m the sucker that keeps clicking on the ads too so that probably doesn’t help. Will I regret these purchases? Hello no. I may not be able to wear the dress out anytime soon and I probably won’t do my makeup either, but maybe one day during this pandemic I’ll just say screw it and play dress up for kicks and giggles.
  • Changing my bedsheets and seeing that they still have that fresh, just out of the wash smell even though I haven’t used this particular set in a while.
    • Speaking of bedsheets, why does no one have a true emerald green set? I’ve checked Target, Urban Outfitters, and online places, but no perfect emerald set.
  • Getting cute new stationary supplies in the mail.
    • Cute stationary makes every day mundane tasks just a tiny bit better.
  • Animal Crossing and coloring books.
    • It’s mindless and helps to pass the time quickly. Plus, I may not have a green thumb in real life, but my Animal Crossing garden is coming along quite well in my personal opinion.
  • Finding a new snack that doesn’t make me feel “guilty” about munching on.
    • One of the issues with recovery I have is that I feel guilty about every little thing I eat. Sure, my therapists would probably say that I need to stop looking at food as healthy versus unhealthy. And sure, this new snack is theoretically a healthier option, but it’s also yummy and I enjoy eating it. Baby steps.
  • Seeing C for even just a few hours today.
    • He texted me late last night and wanted to spend the night rather than go home, but I was already asleep. I wished I’d been awake to let him know he could come over because maybe it would have given us more time together. It’s difficult for us to get time together because of his roommates, so it would have been nice to wake up next to him. I’m not going to complain though. I’ll take every chance I can get to spend the day lying in his arms. It comforts me and makes me feel safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment