19 March 2016

Monthly Music: Favorite Kpop Releases for 2016 February

Hi everyone! I hope 2016 has been treating you well. I know that where I live there has been a flu/bug/virus going around. Luckily, I was able to evade the virus despite members of my family catching it. Cross your fingers and knock on wood that I didn't just jinx myself. Hopefully you are all staying healthy and virus free no matter where you're residing. However, if you did catch the bug going around, I hope the tracks I picked out for the 2016 February playlist can provide you with some comfort while you recover. There was one particular artist that really jumped out to me last month so I'm going to focus on that individual, but definitely check out all the other songs on the playlist. Without further ado, let's jump in and take a look at the artist that had all my attention.

1. MAMAMOO "Emotion"
2. B.A.P "Go"
3. Wable "I Want To Fall In Love"
4. Grace "I'm Fine"
5. 4TEN "Ooo"
6. Grey Day "누가 날 불러"
7. ASTRO "모닝콜"
8. Double S 301 "21GRAM"

For me, February is what I like to call the month for lovers solely because it literally has a day that celebrates the concept of love and being in love. With that in mind I found that, even though I myself may not have a lover at the moment, I was absolutely heads over heels in love with the debut track from Grace titled "I'm Fine." With its dance worthy beats and Grace's ability to seamlessly shift from Korean to English lyrics, "I'm Fine" is hands down my number 1 played track in February. If you're into songs that tread along the lines of pop, hip hop, and rap, then "I'm Fine" is the track to check out.

And here's a bonus: if you enjoy "I'm Fine" as much I do and wish you could hear more from Grace then you're in luck. Even though "I'm Fine" is the only track Grace released for her debut on the Kpop scene, she has been around for roughly 5 months thanks to good ol' YouTube. That's right, Grace has an official YouTube channel that she still updates. You can check out her channel under GRACE_official or by simply clicking here. What's unique of Grace's channel is that for the most part, in my opinion, it seems to be run by her and not her agency. What I mean by that is that it feels like Grace is the one who is creating and editing the content herself, which makes it a little more personal. Now I may be wrong, but again that's just my opinion. Another great thing about her channel is that there is a variety to the videos she posts. There's song covers, dancing, official music videos for her Kpop career, and videos that help you get to know her on a more personal level. And don't worry if you don't speak/understand Korean, Grace speaks both Korean and English and provides subtitles for the two.

If you want to know more about Grace, I definitely suggest you check out her YouTube channel and/or her other social media accounts by clicking the following platform(s) you are interested in: Facebook, Instagram, TwitterYouTubeYYAC.

As previously stated at the beginning of this post, you should definitely give all the songs a listen as they are all amazing in their own rights. I just wanted to take this post to really shine the light on Grace as she was the artist that really stuck out for me in February. As always, feel free to drop a comment below with your favorite track or tracks from February. Until next month, I hope you all stay warm and healthy.

Endnote: Songs on this month's playlist can be purchased through iTunes. Simply click on the title of the song you want to download on the tracklist listed above to be redirected to its iTunes page.

No comments:

Post a Comment