16 February 2016

Monthly Music: Favorite Kpop Releases for 2016 January

Hi everyone! January came and went in the blink of an eye. Now February is already a little over half-way finished and I'm only now posting the 2016 January playlist. I still haven't even listened to all the new releases in Kpop for 2016 February. Ahhhhh, I'm so behind. I apologize for this late post, but without further ado let's get into the playlist.

1. The Legend "I Want You Back"
2. CROSS GENE "I'll Be Fine"
3. RYEOWOOK "그대 Hello"
4. CROSS GENE "누나 너 말야"
5. Navi "눈물바다 Profuse Tears"
6. WINNER "센치해 SENTIMENTAL"
7. Crush "잊어버리지마 Don't Forget (feat. 태연 Taeyeon)"
8. Dalshabet "지긋이 Stay With You"
9. SoulStar & Wheesung "진짜 사랑 노래"

January may have flown past, but the songs on its playlist are definitely ones that I'll see myself going back to over the course of 2016. For January's playlist, I found I was drawn to the more upbeat tempos that the boybands produced. More specifically, I was immediately drawn to the new album, GAME - EP, from CROSS GENE. These boys had me deliberating for a long time over which songs to include on this playlist. I feel that the group put out such an amazing album with catchy song after catchy song that picking one wouldn't do the boys justice. Therefore on 2016 January's playlist you'll get to listen to two of their songs: "I'll Be Fine" and "누나 너 말야". Both tracks have upbeat tempos making them perfect songs to jam out to.

On the other side of things, I feel like the I preferred a more mellow note from the female artists last month. Whether it's Dalshabet's "지긋이 Stay With You" or Navi's "눈물바다 Profuse Tears," I feel that January was a month that beautifully showcased the girls vocals.

As always, feel free to drop a comment below with your favorite track or tracks from January. And again, I apologize for the late playlist. Additionally, I apologize that this post is so short, but I do hope that the tracks featured for the 2016 January playlist make up for it.

Endnote: Songs on this month's playlist can be purchased through iTunes. Simply click on the title of the song you want to download on the tracklist listed above to be redirected to its iTunes page.

No comments:

Post a Comment