21 September 2015

Monthly Music: Favorite Releases 2015 August

Hi all! It's that time of month again where I share with you my favorite music releases from last month. I know that post comes super late in the month, but I had such a difficult time narrowing down my favorite releases to a small set of 8 songs.

In this month's favorite releases there are tracks from Kpop groups, a Cpop solo artist, and one Asian-American group. August was a crazy music month, in my opinion, with the comeback of 2 of Kpop's household girl groups: Girls' Generation (SNSD) and Wonder Girls. This was the first full-length album that SNSD and Wonder Girls have released since the change in members - Jessica leaving Girls' Generation and Sohee and Sunye leaving Wonder Girls while Sunmi rejoins the groups. As a fan of both groups, I couldn't wait to listen to the albums. Needless to say, both Girls' Generation and Wonder Girls title songs - "Lion Heart" and "I Feel You" respectively - made it onto this month's playlist. Not only was August the comeback for many Kpop groups, but it was also the introduction of Huang Zitao as a solo artist - Z.Tao -since his departure from EXO. Talk about a notable month of music!



Tracklist:
1. AZIATIX "Better"
2. 1TensioN "Burning Love"
3. Z.Tao "Cinderella Girl"
4. Joo Young ft 매드클라운 & 웨일 "Downtown Love"
5. Z.Tao "Feel Awake"
6. Wonder Girls "I Feel You"
7. Girls' Generation "Lion Heart"
8. B1A4 "Sweet Girl"

For this playlist, 3 of the tracks I picked had a throwback/retro meets modern-day kind of vibe to them. Maybe it's simply because of the way the music videos for the songs were shot, but either way I am digging the nostalgic feeling. The tracks I'm talking about are Wonder Girls "I Feel You," Girls' Generations "Lion Heart," and B1A4's "Sweet Girl." You can check out the music videos by clicking here for Wonder Girls, here for Girls' Generation, and here for B1A4. You can also purchase all of this month's favorite releases by clicking the title of the songs in the above tracklist.

I hope you enjoy tracks on this month's favorite releases as much as I do. As always feel free to leave your favorite songs down below. Till next time, jam out my friends!

Endnote: Songs on this month's playlist can be purchased through iTunes. Simply click on the title of the song you want to download on the tracklist listed above to be redirected to its iTunes page.

No comments:

Post a Comment