26 August 2015

Currently Loving: 2015 August

Hi everyone! I've decided to do Monthly Favorites installments that will cover a wide array of areas such as: beauty, skincare, fashion, apps, media. My Monthly Favorites will be separate from my Monthly Music, thus I will probably not be mentioning music within theses posts. I will however, leave a link at the end of the post should you wish to check out what music I've been loving. To kick start the Monthly Favorites installments, here are my 2015 August favorites.

Top (L to R): Jo Malone, YSL, CLINIQUE
Bottom (L to R): Innisfree, Maybelline, Nature Republic
This month a lot of the products I've been loving have been makeup and skincare related. More specifically, these are products that have helped me to combat the heat and humidity that comes with the summer weather in SoCal.

Here's a list of all the products and a quick review of them:

  1. Jo Malone London Nectarine Blossom & Honey Cologne 1 oz. ($65): Though this scent can be a bit strong when you first smell it, it's a pleasant smell. The floral notes read stronger than the fruity notes which makes it perfect for the spring/summer seasons.
  2. YSL Volupté Tint-In-Oil in (L to R) I Rose You 4, Cherry My Cherie 5, and Peach Me Love 6 ($32): These YSL Volupté Tint-In-Oil's are absolutely divine! I Rose You 4 is almost a clear shade that seems to simply enhance your natural lip color with the addition of tiny flecks of gold/glitter. Cherry My Cherie 5 is a pink-red shade that leans more bright pink, but not quite neon. Peach Me Love 6 is a coral shade that isn't too pink or orange. Neither Cherry My Cherie 5 and Peach Me Love 6 have any shimmer to it. Not only are the colors I have gorgeous, but they also keep my lips moisturized without the need of additional lip balms. Since this product is a type of tint, I find that the stain can last me for a good few hours without reapplication. It can last through drinking without reapplication, but I find it's best to reapply after eating if you want the shine to remain.
  3. CLINIQUE Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel 1 oz. ($26): Though I love summer, the warm and humid weather always makes me break out more because my face is even oilier than normal. This CLINIQUE Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel has been a true lifesaver in helping to clear my breakouts. Any small blemishes I find practically disappear overnight when this product is applied. Bigger blemishes take a little longer to disappear, but the redness noticeably decreases.
  4. Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Pact 8.5 g. ($9-12): Before going out I love to apply this to help mattify my face. I use this on my bare face and when I'm wearing makeup and it works to keep me matte for about 3-4 hours. It's also very easy for me to carry in my bag for quick touch-ups. You do have to be careful of how much you use or else it can create a white-cast on your face.
  5. Maybelline Lash Stiletto Ultimate Length Waterproof Mascara in Very Black ($7-9): This is hands-down my favorite drugstore brand mascara. I tend to use this mascara mainly on my bottom lashes unless I've run out of my other mascara. It lengthens my lashes without clumping which is perfect for keeping my lashes looking natural. Plus it's waterproof so I don't have to worrying about any smudging as the day goes on.
  6. Innisfree Skinny Microcara Mascara in 1 Black ($8-11): This is my favorite mascara ever! While I use the Maybelline Lash Stiletto on my bottom lashes, the Innisfree Skinny Microcara is used on my top lashes. Since the bristles on the wand are very tiny, it helps to prevent any clumping while still providing the perfect amount of product. It lengthens my lashes while still keeping a very natural effect. Innisfree does offer a waterproof version on this mascara, but I find that the non-waterproof one works fine and last throughout the day without smudging.
  7. Nature Republic Provence Gel Eye Liner in No. 6 White ($6-9): I use this to highlight and brighten the inner corners of my eye. I also apply this along the inner 1/3 of my lower lashline. This does have some glitter to it so you have to be careful when smudging the product out because the glitter will transfer to other areas of the face. Additionally, if you intend to smudge this out you have to do so immediately as it tends to set quickly. This isn't necessarily a bad thing as it ensures that the product lasts all day.
I find that all my favorite products this month are suitable for the summer months as each help to keep me blemish-free, oil-free, and smudge-free. These products are even great year-round for those who live in humid climates. Let me know your favorites in the comments section below and talk to you soon!

Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and prices listed vary depending on where you purchase the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment