15 September 2017

Currently Loving: 2017 Summer

Another summer gone, and once again I’ve been MIA. I’d like to say that work has kept me away from posting, but if I’m being honest I’ve just been quite uninspired. This past week I was catching up on videos from some of my favorite YouTubers and I realized that it was already that time of the month that many of them release their “monthly favorites” videos. While watching some of these “monthly favorites" videos I thought why not give it a go. Then I realized I didn’t really try out that many new things in August that I can say I loved, but I did a decent amount over the course of the summer. So let’s go with that. My current obsessions from summer 2017. Let’s go!

Bath & Body Works Blushing Pink Rose Petals* ($22.50): I got this candle as a birthday gift from one of my friend’s and I fell in love the moment I took a sniff. It does have a strong fragrance, so if you prefer more subtle scents this isn’t a candle for you. Despite my sensitive nose, I love this scent anyways. I’m a sucker for anything floral, sweet, or sandalwood so this candle was a sure winner. Every time I clean my bathroom or take a bubblebath I light this up and let it fill my bathroom. It honestly just smells like a bouquet of roses without the hassle of watering them or tossing them out once they've died.

belief Eucalyptus Herbal Extract Toner ($28.00): In the beginning of summer I ran out of toner and was in the market for something new as local Target stopped carrying my go-to toner from Laneige. While in Sephora picking up my birthday gift I figured I’d look around and that’s when I found this toner by belief. What initially drew me in was the fact that it claimed to help with sebum control and soothe breakouts. I was skeptical at first, but belief was not kidding. It did a good job controlling the sebum without drying out my combination-oily skin. As far as soothing breakouts, I’m not sure it helped with them once they’ve formed. I did notice though that I have experienced less breakouts since I’ve introduced this into my skincare routine. That being said, I would get this product again as it’s best ones I’ve tried so far.

Blonote by Tablo ($15.50): I've had my eye on this book since is came out years ago and only recently got my hands on a copy. I had it bookmarked on my old laptop for forever, but never actually got around to buying it till this past year. Now I may be a bit biased because Tablo is a member of one of my favorite bands - Epic High - but this book is such a perfect compilation of anecdotes. It's filled with page after page of inspiring and though provoking anecdotes. Each anecdote emotes a different emotion and addresses a different subject. There are so many that resonate with me and I go back to them whenever I’ve had a partially tough day or just need something to get me thinking. My favorite excerpt that I have bookmarked is:

“Being happy first requires you to be
Blonote by Tablo

The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask ($28.00): While shopping for a friend’s birthday gift in The Body Shop I ended up buying myself one because why not. I’d never done a charcoal mask before so I didn’t know what to expect. My initial reaction to this product was that it stung a little, but I didn’t want to wash it off right away because I didn’t want to waste product. The stinging sensation didn’t last long and I’m glad I didn’t immediately wash it off, because this product is amazing, I’m a long time user of those Biore Charcoal Pore Strips, and I love them, so this charcoal mask is a much welcomed member to my skincare routine. I use this mask once or twice a week depending on how stressed my skin is feeling. It really gets all those impurities out and leaves my skin looking bright and feeling clean.

÷ (Divide) by Ed Sheeran: I honestly don’t even know what to say about this other than… it's Ed. I mean seriously. Ed. Sheeran. There’s not much else. I’m 100% biased. I love everything Ed Sheeran does. He dropped the singles and I was in love. The album came out shortly after and within the day all the songs were on my playlist for work. Every shift at least one song off the album plays and a few of my coworkers grumble from annoyance of having spent all spring and summer listening to the album, but they know my love for Ed is strong so they leave it playing to keep my happy. As my sestra has so kindly pointed out, Ed Sheeran is probably the only guy I’ll love no matter what. I mean I don’t particularly like guys who aren’t clean cut and yet here’s Ed all scruffy and I still love him. Hypothetically, Ed gets a man bun. Love him. Goes full on lumber jack and bearded. Love him. Bottom line, I love Ed to the moon and back.

Kate Spade Somerville Road Megyn in Rum Raisin* ($99): Recently I've been into backpacks for my everyday bag, which is ironic because I hated them all throughout my school years. Now I’m completely obsessed and that may be due to the fact that Kate Spade makes them so appealing. I’ve only been using the Somerville Road Megyn backpack for about a month now and I’ve received so many compliments on it. A few of my co-workers have even joked about stealing my bag because they love it so much. My favorite part of the bag is the color alone. I love the deep plum shade and the softer lilac detailing on the inner parts of the bag. At first I wasn't a big fan of the size as it is a bit larger than my other bags. However, now that I am practicing driving, I find the larger size to be nice. It allows me to carry my all usual necessities as well as my eye glass case while still leaving space so that everything isn’t packed too tightly.

Little Mix: When I’m not playing Ed Sheeran’s album, Divide, on loop I’m listening to the Little Mix artist station on Spotify or Pandora. I can’t remember the last time I’d listened to Little Mix so much, but for some reason I just couldn’t get enough of their hits. Each song is so jam-worthy. The beats and the lyrics had me in summer mode and I’m not about to stop that chill vibe. One thing I wish was that “Shout Out to My Ex” was around when I went through my first real heartbreak. I mean it’s the perfect “I’m over you and I’m better off now that you’re gone” post breakup anthem. Ugh. It could have saved me so many tears. I can’t blame them for it though. I mean they weren’t even a group yet during that time of my life. That being said, it’s definitely going to be my go-to song should I ever need a post breakup jam.

MacBook in Rose Gold with a1.2GHz Processor and 256GB Storage ($1,249.00): This is hands down my biggest purchase all summer, unless you count all the merchandise I bought at Ed Sheeran’s Divide tour. It's been a long time coming, but I finally saved up enough money from my job and bought myself a new MacBook. I bought my previous MacBook back in the fall of 2009 and that beauty got me through senior year of high school, all the way through college, and few years after without any issues. It wasn’t till maybe a year ago that I realized I had to bite the bullet and save up for a newer model. Thankfully, a lot of my friends are still attending school so they were able to help me get the education discount that Apple has every back-to-school season. I’m glad that I finally made the upgrade though. The storage capacity is a heck of a lot bigger, roughly 200GB, even though I bought the cheapest MacBook model. I’ve only used it for about a day or two now and I love it. Everything is so sleek and I love how light it is compared to my old 2009 model. It also doesn’t hurt that it comes in rose gold, which I love. I’m no Apple expert, but so far the MacBook is serving me well. Fingers crossed that I can make this beauty last me as long as the previous one.


Well that turned out to be a lot longer than I expected. Sorry for the word overload, I apparently had a lot more to say about my current obsessions than I anticipated. Thanks for sticking with me and I’ll be back with another “current obsessions” installment in the near future. Or well… hopefully in the near future given my track record. Fingers crossed.

*Item is sold out/discontinued

Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and pricing may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment